Daily Readings - May 20, 2012 - Sunday

First Reading: Acts 1: 15-17, 20-26
Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 103: 1-2, 11-12, 19-20
Second Reading: First John 4: 11-16
Holy Gospel: John 17:11-19


Holy Gospel:

11 I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world whereas I am going to you. Holy Father, keep them in your Name (that you have given me,) so that they may be one, just as we are.

12 When I was with them, I kept them safe in your Name, and not one was lost except the one who was already lost, and in this the Scripture was fulfilled. 13 But now I am coming to you and I leave these my words in the world that my joy may be complete in them.

14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them because they are not of the world; just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not ask you to remove them from the world but to keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world; 17 consecrate them in the truth – your word is truth.

18 I have sent them into the world as you sent me into the world, 19 and for their sake, I go to the sacrifice by which filled.


First Reading:

15 It was during this time that Peter stood up in the midst of the community – about one hundred and twenty in all – 16 and he said,

“Brothers, it was necessary that the Scriptures referring to Judas be fulfilled. The Holy Spirit had spoken through David about the one who would lead the crowd coming to arrest Jesus. 17 He was one of our number and had been called to share our common ministry.

20 In the book of Psalms it is written: Let his house become deserted and may no one live in it. But it is also written: May another take his office. 21 Therefore we must choose someone from among those who were with us during all the time that the Lord Jesus moved about with us, 22 beginning with John’s baptism until the day when Jesus was taken away from us. One of these has to become, with us, a witness to his resurrection.”

23 Then they proposed two: Joseph, called Barsabbas, also known as Justus, and Matthias. 24 They prayed: “You know, Lord, what is in the hearts of all. Show us, therefore, which of the two you have chosen 25 to replace Judas in this apostolic ministry which he deserted to go to the place he deserved.”

26 Then they drew lots between the two and the choice fell on Matthias who was added to the eleven apostles.


Second Reading:

11 Dear friends, if such has been the love of God, we, too, must love one another.

12 No one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God lives in us, and his love comes to its perfection in us.

13 How may we know that we live in God and he in us? Because God has given us his Spirit.

14 We ourselves have seen and declare that the Father sent his Son to save the world. 15 Those who confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God remains in them and they in God.

16 We have known the love of God and have believed in it. God is love. The one who lives in love, lives in God and God in him.


Responsorial Psalm:

Bless the Lord, my soul; all my being, bless his holy name!

2 Bless the Lord, my soul, and do not forget all his kindness;

11 As the heavens are high above the earth, so great is his love for those fearing him;

12 as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove from us our sins.

19 The Lord has set his throne in heaven; he rules, he has power everywhere.

20 Praise the Lord, all you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, you who obey his word.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer to Archbishop Teofilo Camomot

Mar y Cielo of Atty. Marcelo Bacalso

The Queenship of Mary