Daily Readings - July 08, 2012 - Sunday


First Reading: Ezekiel 2: 2-5
Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 123: 1-2, 2, 3-4
Second Reading: Second Corinthians 12: 7-10
Holy Gospel: Mark 6: 1-6


Holy Gospel:

1 Leaving that place, Jesus returned to his own country, and his disciples followed him. 2 When the Sabbath came, he began teaching in the synagogue, and most of those who heard him were astonished. They commented, “How did this come to him? What kind of wisdom has been given to him that he also performs such miracles? 3 Who is he but the carpenter, the son of Mary and the brother of James and Joset and Judas and Simon? His sisters, too, are they not here among us?” So they took offense at him.

4 And Jesus said to them, “Prophets are despised only in their own country, among their relatives and in their own family.” 5 And he could work no miracles there, but only healed a few sick people by laying his hands on them. 6 Jesus himself was astounded at their unbelief.


Second Reading:

7 However, I better give up lest somebody think more of me than what is seen in me or heard from me. Lest I become proud after so many and extra­ordinary revelations, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a true messenger of Satan, to slap me in the face. 8 Three times I prayed to the Lord that it leave me, 9 but he answered, “My grace is enough for you; my great strength is revealed in weakness.”

Gladly, then, will I boast of my weakness that the strength of Christ may be mine. 10 So I rejoice when I suffer infirmities, humiliations, want, persecutions: all for Christ! For when I am weak, then I am strong.


First Reading:

2 She gave birth to a boy and, seeing that he was a beautiful child, she kept him hidden for three months. 3 As she could not conceal him any longer, she made a basket out of papyrus leaves and coated it with tar and pitch. She then laid the child in the basket and placed it among the reeds near the bank of the Nile; 4 but the sister of the child kept at a distance to see what would happen to him.

5 Now the daughter of Pharaoh came down to bathe in the Nile; her attendants meanwhile walked along the bank. When she saw the basket among the reeds, she sent her maidservant to fetch it.



Responsorial Psalm:

1 Had not the Lord been on our side –
let Israel say –

2 had not the Lord been on our side,
when people rose up against us,

3 then they would have swallowed us alive;
such was their anger against us.

4 A bit more and the flood would have engulfed us,
the torrent would have swept over us,


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer to Archbishop Teofilo Camomot

Mar y Cielo of Atty. Marcelo Bacalso

The Queenship of Mary