Daily Readings -September 24, 2011 - Saturday

Saint Anathalon, Bishop
First Reading: Zechariah 2: 5-9, 14-15
Responsorial Psalm: Jeremiah 31: 10, 11-13
Holy Gospel: Luke 9: 43-45


Holy Gospel:

43 While all were amazed at everything Jesus did, he said to his disciples, 44 “Listen and remember what I tell you now: The Son of Man will be delivered into human hands.” 45 But the disciples didn’t understand this saying; something prevented them from grasp­ing what he meant, and they were afraid to ask him about it.


First Reading:


5 Raising my eyes again, I saw a man with a measuring line in his hand. I asked, “Where are you go­ing?” 6 He answered, “I’m going to measure Jerusalem, to find its width and its length.”As the angel who spoke to me came forward, another angel met him and said, “Run and tell this to that young man: ‘Jerusalem will remain unwalled because of its multitude of people and live­stock.’ For this is the word of Yahweh: I myself will be around her like a wall of fire, and also within her in Glory.”

14 “Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for I am about to come, I shall dwell among you,” says Yahweh.

15 “On that day, many nations will join Yahweh and be my people, but my dwelling is among you.”


Responsorial Psalm:

10 Hear the word of Yahweh, O nations,
proclaim it on distant coastlands:
He who scattered Israel will gather them
and guard them as a shepherd guard his flock.

11 For Yahweh has ransomed Jacob
and redeemed him from the hand of his conqueror.

12 They shall come shouting for joy, while ascending Zion;
they will come streaming to Yahweh’s blessings –
the grain, the new wine and the oil,
the young of the flocks and herds.

They will be like a well-watered garden;
no more will they be afflicted.

13 Maidens will make merry and dance,
young men and old as well.

I will turn their mourning into gladness,
I will give them comfort and joy for sorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer to Archbishop Teofilo Camomot

Mar y Cielo of Atty. Marcelo Bacalso