Daily Readings - September 29, 2011 - Thursday

Saints Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Archangels
First Reading: Revelations 12: 7-12
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 138: 1-2, 2-3, 4-5
Holy Gospel: John 1: 47-51


Holy Gospel:

47 When Jesus saw Nathanael coming, he said of him, “Here comes an Israelite, a true one; there is nothing false in him.” 48 Nathanael asked him, “How do you know me?” And Jesus said to him, “Before Philip called you, you were under the fig tree and I saw you.”

49 Nathanael answered, “Master, you are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!” 50 But Jesus replied, “You believe because I said: ‘I saw you under the fig tree.’ But you will see greater things than that.

51 Truly, I say to you, you will see the heavens opened and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.”


First Reading:

7 War broke out in heaven with Michael and his angels battling with the dragon. The dragon fought back with his angels, 8 but they were defeated and lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon, the ancient serpent known as the devil or Satan, seducer of the whole world, was thrown out. He was hurled down to earth, together with his angels.

10 Then I heard a loud voice from heaven:
Now has salvation come,
with the power and the kingdom of our God,
and the rule of his anointed.
For our brothers’ accuser has been cast out,
who accused them night and day, before God.

11They conquered him by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony,
for they gave up their lives going to death.

12 Rejoice, therefore, O you heavens
and you who dwell in them;
but woe to you, earth and sea,
for the devil has come to you in anger
knowing that he has but a little time.


Responsorial Psalm:

In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord.

1 I thank you, O Lord, with all my heart,
for you have heard the word of my lips.
I sing your praise in the presence of the gods.

2 I bow down towards your holy temple
and give thanks to your name,
for your love and faithfulness,
for your word which exceeds everything.

3 You answered me when I called;
you restored my soul and made me strong.
4 O Lord, all kings on earth will give you praise,
when they have heard your words.

5 They will celebrate the ways of the Lord,
“great is the glory of the Lord!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer to Archbishop Teofilo Camomot

Mar y Cielo of Atty. Marcelo Bacalso