Daily Readings - October 04, 2011 - Tuesday

Saint Francis of Assisi, Deacon, Religious, Founder of the Three Orders (Solemnity)
First Reading: Sirach 50: 1, 3-4, 6-7
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 11
Second Reading: Galatians 6:14-18
Holy Gospel: Matthew 11:25-30


Holy Gospel:

25 On that occasion Jesus said, “Father, Lord of heaven and earth, I praise you, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned and revealed them to simple people. 26 Yes, Father, this is what pleased you.

27 Everything has been entrusted to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

28 Come to me, all you who work hard and who carry heavy burdens and I will refresh you. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble of heart; and you will find rest. 30 For my yoke is good and my burden is light.”


Second Reading:

14 For me, I do not wish to take pride in anything except in the cross of Christ Jesus our Lord. Through him the world has been crucified to me and I to the world.

15 Let us no longer speak of the circumcised and of non-Jews, but of a new creation. 16 Let those who live according to this rule receive peace and mercy: they are the Israel of God! 17 Let no one trouble me any longer: for my part, I bear in my body the marks of Jesus.

18 May the grace of Christ Je­sus our Lord be with your spirit brothers and sisters. Amen.


First Reading:


1 The High Priest Simon, son of Onias, repaired the sanctuary and fortified the Temple during his lifetime.

3 In his days a reservoir for water, a cistern as great as a sea, was excavated. Anxious lest his people might perish, he fortified the city against a siege. 6 Like the morning star amidst the clouds, like the full moon, 7 like the sun shining on the Temple of the Most High or a rain­bow in a glory of clouds!


Responsorial Psalm:

Keep me safe, O God,
for in you I take refuge.

2 I say to the Lord,
“You are my Lord, my only good.”

5 O Lord, my inheritance and my cup,
my chosen portion – hold secure my lot.

7 I bless the Lord who counsels me;
even at night my inmost self instructs me.

8 I keep the Lord always before me;
for with him at my right hand,
I will never be shaken.

11 You will show me the path of life,
in your presence the fullness of joy,
at your right hand happiness forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer to Archbishop Teofilo Camomot

Mar y Cielo of Atty. Marcelo Bacalso

The Queenship of Mary