Daily Readings - May 27, 2014 - Tuesday

Holy Gospel according to Saint John, Chapter 16, Verses 5 - 11
First Reading, Acts of the Apostles by Saint Paul Chapter 16, Verses 22 - 34
Responsorial Psalm: Psalms  138: 1-3, 7-8
Saint Augustine of Canterbury, Bishop


Holy Gospel:


5 But now I am going to the One who sent me and none of you asks me where I am going; 6 instead you are overcome with grief because of what I have said.

7 Indeed believe me: It is better for you that I go away, because as long as I do not leave, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go away, it is to send him to you, 8 and when he comes, he will vindicate the truth in face of the world with regard to sin, to the way of righteousness, and to the Judgment.

9 What has been the sin? They did not believe in me. 10 What is the way of righteousness? I am on the way to the Father, meanwhile you will not see me. 11 What Judgment? The prince of this world has himself been condemned.


First Reading:


22 You feel sorrowful now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice. And no one will take your joy from you. 23 When that day comes you will not ask me anything. Truly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my Name, he will give you. 24 So far you have not asked in my Name; ask and receive that your joy may be full.

25 I taught you all this in veiled language, but the time is coming when I shall no longer speak in veiled language, but will tell you plainly of the Father.

26 When that day comes, you will ask in my Name and it will not be for me to ask the Father for you, 27 for the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and you believe that I came from the Father. 28 As I came from the Father and have come into the world, so I am leaving the world and going to the Father.”

29 The disciples said to him, “Now you are speaking plainly and not in veiled language! 30 Now we see that you know all things, even be­fore we question you. Because of this we believe that you came from God.”

31 Jesus answered them, “You say that you be­lieve! 32 The hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered, each one to his home, and you will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me.

33 I have told you all this, so that in me you may have peace. You will have trouble in the world; but, courage! I have overcome the world.”


Responsorial Psalm:
The Lord takes delight in His people.

1 I thank you, O Lord, with all my heart,
for you have heard the word of my lips.
I sing your praise in the presence of the gods.

2 I bow down towards your holy temple
and give thanks to your name,
for your love and faithfulness,
for your word which exceeds everything.

3 You answered me when I called;
you restored my soul and made me strong.

7 If I walk in the midst of trouble,
you give me life.
With outstretched arm,
you save me from the wrath of my foes,
with your right hand you deliver me.

8 How the Lord cares for me!
Your kindness, O Lord, endures forever.
Forsake not the work of your hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer to Archbishop Teofilo Camomot

Mar y Cielo of Atty. Marcelo Bacalso

The Queenship of Mary