Daily Readings - August 14, 2011 - Sunday

Saint Maximilian Kolbe
First Reading: Isaiah 56:1, 6-7
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8
Second Reading: Romans 11:13-15, 29-32
Holy Gospel: Matthew 15:21-28




Holy Gospel:


21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 Now a Canaanite woman came from those borders and began to cry out, “Lord, Son of David, have pity on me! My daughter is tormented by a demon.” 23 But Jesus did not answer her, not even a word. So his dis­ciples approached him and said, “Send her away: see how she is shouting after us.”


24 Then Jesus said to her, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the nation of Israel.”


25 But the woman was already kneeling before Jesus and said, “Sir, help me!” 26 Jesus answered, “It is not right to take the bread from the children and throw it to the little dogs.” 27 The woman replied, “It is true, sir, but even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their master’s table.” 28 Then Jesus said, “Woman, how great is your faith! Let it be as you wish.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.




Second Reading:


13 Listen to me, you who are not Jews: I am spending myself as an apostle to the pagan nations, 14 but I hope my ministry will be successful enough to awaken the jealousy of those of my race, and finally to save some of them. 15 If the world made peace with God when they re­mained apart, what will it be when they are welcomed? No­thing less than a passing from death to life. 29 because the call of God and his gifts cannot be nullified.


30 Through the disobedience of the Jews the mercy of God came to you who did not obey God. 31 They in turn will receive mercy in due time after this disobedience that brought God’s mercy to you. 32 So God has submitted all to disobedience, in order to show his mercy to all. 




First Reading:


1 This is what Yahweh says:
       Maintain what is right
and do what is just,
for my salvation is close at hand,
my justice is soon to come.


6 Yahweh says to the foreigners who join him, serving him and loving his name, keeping his sabbath unprofaned and remaining faithful to his covenant:


7 I will bring them to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. I will accept on my altar their burnt offerings and sacrifices, for my house will be called a house of prayer for all the nations.




Responsorial Psalm:


2 May God be gracious and bless us;
may he let his face shine upon us,
3 that your way be known on earth
and your salvation among the nations.


5 May the countries be glad and sing for joy,
for you rule the peoples with justice
and guide the nations of the world.


6 May the peoples praise you, O God,
may all the peoples praise you!


8 May God bless us and be revered,
to the very ends of the earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer to Archbishop Teofilo Camomot

Mar y Cielo of Atty. Marcelo Bacalso

The Queenship of Mary