Daily Gospel - February 19, 2012 - Sunday

First Reading: Isaiah 43: 18-19, 21-22, 24-25
Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 41: 2-3, 4-5, 13
Second Reading: Second Corinthians 1: 18-22
Holy Gospel: Mark 2: 1-12


Holy Gospel:


1 After some days Jesus returned to Capernaum. As the news spread that he was at home, 2 so many peo­ple gathered that there was no longer room even outside the door. While Jesus was preaching the Word to them, 3 some people brought a paralyzed man to him.

4 The four men who carried him couldn’t get near Jesus because of the crowd, so they opened the roof above the room where Jesus was and, through the hole, lowered the man on his mat. 5 When Jesus saw the faith of these people, he said to the paralytic, “My son, your sins are forgiven.”

6 Now, some teachers of the Law who were sitting there wondered within them­selves, 7 “How can he speak like this insulting God? Who can forgive sins except God?”

8 At once Jesus knew through his spirit what they were thinking and asked, “Why do you wonder? 9 Is it easier to say to this paralyzed man: ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say: ‘Rise, take up your mat and walk?’ 10 But now you shall know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.”

And he said to the paralytic, 11 “Stand up, take up your mat and go home.” 12 The man rose and, in the sight of all those people, he took up his mat and went out. All of them were astonished and praised God saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”


Second Reading:


18 God knows that our dealing with you is not Yes and No, 19 just as the Son of God, Christ Jesus, whom we Silvanus, Timothy and I preach to you, was not Yes and No; with him it was simply Yes. 20 In him all the promises of God have come to be a Yes, and we also say in his name: Amen! giving thanks to God. 21 God himself has anointed us and strengthens us with you to serve Christ; 22 he has marked us with his own seal in a first outpouring of the Spirit in our hearts.


First Reading:

18 But do not dwell on the past,
or remember the things of old.
19 Look, I am doing a new thing:
now it springs forth.
Do you not see?
I am opening up a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.

21 I have formed this people for myself;
they will proclaim my praise.
22 You have not called upon me, O Jacob,
indeed you were tired of me, O Israel;

24 You have not spent money on sweet frankincense for me,
neither have you satisfied me with the fat of your sacrifices.
Instead you have burdened me with your sins
and wearied me with your offenses.
25 I it is, I am He
who blots out your offenses for my own sake,
and remembers your sins no more.


Responsorial Psalm:


2 Blessed the one who has regard for the poor;
the Lord delivers him in time of trouble.

3 The Lord protects him, preserves his life,
and gives him happiness in the land;
he yields him not to the will of his foes.

4 The Lord helps him when he gets sick,
and heals him of all his ailments.

5 I have pleaded, “O Lord, have mercy on me;
heal me, in spite of all my iniquity.”

13 Praise the Lord, the God of Israel,
from all eternity and forever!
Amen. Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer to Archbishop Teofilo Camomot

Mar y Cielo of Atty. Marcelo Bacalso

The Queenship of Mary