Daily Readings - February 26, 2012 - Sunday

First Sunday of Lent
First Reading: Genesis 9: 8-15
Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 25: 4-5, 6-7, 8-9
Second Reading: First Peter 3: 18-22
Holy Gospel: Mark 1: 12-15


Holy Gospel:

12 Then the Spirit drove him into the desert. 13 Jesus stayed in the desert forty days and was tempted by Satan. He was with the wild animals, but angels ministered to him.

14 After John was arrested, Jesus went into Galilee and began preaching the Good News of God. 15 He said, “The time has come; the kingdom of God is at hand. Change your ways and believe the Good News.”


Second Reading:


18 Remember how Christ died, once and for all, for our sins. He, the just one, died for the unjust in order to lead us to God. In the body he was put to death, in the Spirit he was raised to life, 19 and it was then that he went to preach to the imprisoned spirits. 20 They were the generation who did not believe when God, in his great patience, delayed punishing the world while Noah was building the ark in which a small group of eight persons escaped through water. 21 That was a type of the baptism that now saves you; this baptism is not a matter of physical cleansing but of asking God to reconcile us through the resurrection of Christ Jesus. 22 He has ascended to heaven and is at the right hand of God, having subjected the angels, Dominations and Powers.


First Reading:

8 God spoke to Noah and his son, 9 “See I am making a covenant with you and with your descendants after you; 10 also with every living animal with you: birds, cattle, that is, with every living creature of the earth that came out of the ark. 11 I establish my covenant with you. Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood, and never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.”

12 God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I make between me and you, and every animal living with you for all future generations. 13 I set my bow in the clouds and it will be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 When I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember the covenant between me and you and every kind of living creature, so that never again will floodwaters destroy all flesh.


Responsorial Psalm:

4 Teach me your ways, O Lord; make known to me your paths.

5 Guide me in your truth and instruct me, for you are my God, my savior; I hope in you all day long.

6 Remember your compassion, O Lord, your unfailing love from of old.

7 Remember not the sins of my youth, but in your love remember me.

8 Good and upright, the Lord teaches sinners his way.

9 He teaches the humble of heart and guides them in what is right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer to Archbishop Teofilo Camomot

Mar y Cielo of Atty. Marcelo Bacalso

The Queenship of Mary