Daily Readings - February 12, 2012 - Sunday

First Reading: Leviticus 13:1-2, 44-46
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 32: 1-2, 5, 11
Second Reading: First Corinthians 10:31-11:1
Holy Gospel: Mark 1:40-45


Holy Gospel:

40 A leper came to Jesus and beg­ged him, “If you so will, you can make me clean.” 41 Moved with pity, Jesus stretched out his hand and touched him, saying, “I will; be clean.” 42 The leprosy left the man at once and he was made clean. 43 As Jesus sent the man away, he sternly warned him, 44 “Don’t tell anyone about this, but go and show yourself to the priest and for the cleansing bring the offering ordered by Moses; in this way you will make your declaration.”

45 However, as soon as the man went out, he began spreading the news everywhere, so that Jesus could no longer openly enter any town. But even though he stayed in the rural areas, people came to him from everywhere.


Second Reading:


31 Then, whether you eat, or drink, or whatever you do, do it for the glory of God. 32 Give no offense to the Jews, or to the Greeks, or to the Church of God, 33 just as I try to please everyone in everything. I do not seek my own interest, but that of many, this is: that they be saved.

11.1 Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ.


First Reading:


1 Yahweh said to Moses and Aaron, 2 “If someone has a boil, an inflammation or a sore on his skin which could develop into leprosy, he must be brought to Aaron the priest, or to one of the priests, his descendants.

44 this means that the man is leprous: he is unclean. The priest shall declare him unclean; he is suffering from leprosy of the head.

45 A person infected with leprosy must wear torn clothing and leave his hair uncombed; he must cover his upper lip and cry, “Unclean, un­clean.” 46 As long as the disease lasts he must be unclean; and therefore he must live away from others: he must live outside the camp.


Responsorial Psalm:


Blessed is the one whose sin is forgiven,
whose iniquity is wiped away.

2 Blessed are those in whom the Lord sees no guilt
and in whose spirit is found no deceit.

5 Then I made known to you my sin
and uncovered before you my fault,
saying to myself,
“To the Lord I will now confess my wrong.”
And you, you forgave my sin,
you removed my guilt.

11 Rejoice in the Lord, and be glad,
you who are upright;
sing and shout for joy,
you who are clean of heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer to Archbishop Teofilo Camomot

Mar y Cielo of Atty. Marcelo Bacalso

The Queenship of Mary