No Gift Higher than Love


1 Corinthians 13


1 If I could speak all the human and angelic tongues, but had no love, I would only be sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, knowing secret things with all kinds of knowledge, and had faith great enough to remove mountains, but had no love, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave ev­erything I had to the poor, and even give up my body to be burned, if I am without love, it would be of no value to me.

4 Love is patient, kind, without envy. It is not boastful or arrogant. It is not ill mannered nor does it seek its own interest. 5 Love overcomes anger and forgets offenses. 6 It does not take delight in wrong, but rejoices in truth. 7 Love excuses everything, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love will never end. Prophecies may cease, tongues be silent and knowledge disappear. 9 For knowledge grasps something of the truth and prophecy as well. 10 And when what is perfect comes, everything imperfect will pass away. 11 When I was a child I thought and reasoned like a child, but when I grew up, I gave up childish ways. 12 Likewise, at present we see dimly as in a mirror, but then it shall be face to face. Now we know in part, but then I will know as I am known. 13 Now we have faith, hope and love, these three, but the greatest of these is love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer to Archbishop Teofilo Camomot

Mar y Cielo of Atty. Marcelo Bacalso

The Queenship of Mary