Daily Readings - February 13, 2012 - Monday

First Reading: James 1: 1-11
Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 119: 67, 68, 71, 72, 75, 76
Holy Gospel: Mark 8: 11-13


Holy Gospel:

The Pharisees came and started to argue with Jesus. Hoping to embarrass him, they asked for some heavenly sign. 12 Then his spirit was moved. He gave a deep sigh and said, “Why do the people of this present time ask for a sign? Truly, I say to you, no sign shall be given to this people.” 13 Then he left them, got into the boat again and went to the other side of the lake.


First Reading:

1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, sends greetings to the twelve tribes scattered among the nations.

2 Consider yourselves fortunate, my brothers and sisters, when you meet with every kind of trial, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith makes you steadfast. 4 Let your steadfastness become perfect with deeds, that you yourselves may be perfect and blame­less, without any defect.

5 If any of you is lacking in wisdom, ask God who gives to all easily and unconditionally. 6 But ask with faith, not doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave driven and tossed on the sea by the wind. 7 Such a person should not expect anything from the Lord, since the doubter has two minds 8 and his conduct will always be insecure.

9 Let the believer who is poor boast in been uplifted, 10 and let the rich one boast in being humbled, because he will pass away like the flower of the field. 11 The sun rises and its heat dries the grass; the flower withers and its beauty vanishes. So, too, will the rich person fade away even in the midst of his pursuits.


Responsorial Psalm:

67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.

68 You are good, and your works are good; teach me your decrees.

71 It is good for me to have been afflicted, for I have deeply learned your statutes.

72 Your law is more precious to me than heaps of silver and gold.

75 I know, O Lord, that your laws are just, and there is justice in my affliction.

76 Comfort me then with your unfailing love, as you promised your servant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer to Archbishop Teofilo Camomot

Mar y Cielo of Atty. Marcelo Bacalso

The Queenship of Mary